Have you noticed all the shiny new machines with green trim around the gym? These new additions come from PRIME, one of America’s most innovative manufacturers. You’ll be hard-pressed to find another facility with as extensive a selection as …destination.
Our buddies from PRIME stopped by to show off their Smart Strength Technology with a fast, but very challenging Hypertrophy set!
The technology behind PRIME’s designs gives the user the ability to change the strength curve variance, increasing the load during different segments of the normal rep. This is the theory behind all of their equipment, and the set demonstrated on the leg extension in this video can be applied to all of their equipment that has Smart Strength Technology.
Need advice on how to best use the new PRIME equipment? Ask a trainer.
Here’s a quick guide to the set they put Kyle through. Fair warning: this will cause SERIOUS soreness! Just ask Kyle how long he was limping around after this – and you already know how well-conditioned he is.
1. Put four 25lb or 35lb plates on the lowest loading bar.
2. Perform 10 reps, then have your training partner move one plate to the middle loading bar.
3. Repeat this process until you have moved all 4 plates to the middle loading bar.
4. Perform 10 reps with all 4 plates on the middle loading bar, then have your partner move 1 plate to the top loading bar.
5. Repeat this process until you have moved all 4 plates to the top loading bar.
6. When all the plates are on the high bar, perform an all set, with 3 drop sets! Meaning – as many reps as you can get with all four plates, then your partner pulls one plate, then as many reps as you can get, then your partner pulls one plate – all the way down to as many as you can get with only one plate, and continue until you cannot even perform partial reps.